How Porcelain Dental Veneers Change Smiles
Dental veneers are becoming increasingly popular in recent years. Mostly, it can be said because of the sheer value they can add to a person’s life. Having an imperfect smile can be a real confidence drainer. However, with the right dental veneers, you can fix this imperfection, but you can also have a total smile makeover that enhances your look.
Though porcelain dental veneers are easily affordable and are a relatively simple way to get rid of the little defects in your teeth so you can start beaming as you’ve always dreamed, it’s understandable if you have questions before choosing to undergo the procedure. Hopefully, this will go a long way to allay your fears and show you how exactly porcelain dental veneers can change your smile.
What are Porcelain Dental Veneers?
Many things might cause an infraction in your smile, a lot of things that could make you try to hide your teeth when interacting with people. For many, this is a source of insecurity, draining their confidence. However, modern advances in dentistry make such things no longer an issue. Almost any impairment to your teeth can be fixed or masked with a good set of veneers to bring back your million-watt smile and boost your confidence to where it should be.
As a subset of cosmetic dentistry, porcelain dental veneers are wafer-thin shells attached to the front teeth to help improve an individual’s appearance by covering up or fixing imperfections in the teeth to give a total smile makeover. Since each veneer is individually customized for a tooth and permanently attached to its front when fixed. They are perfect for covering up flaws in the teeth, like discoloration, gaps, broken or chipped parts, or even misaligned teeth. By their very nature, they are heavily resistant to staining and pressure and so not only correct imperfections in your smile but enhance it to its best possible form.
How Do Dental Veneers Work?
The short answer? They work by being permanently attached to the front of a tooth and help to mask any imperfection there. However, as a branch of cosmetic dentistry, the practice is always done to enhance your smile, so the veneers are also customized to fit you individually. Advances in technology have made it possible to produce dental veneers that more and more resemble natural teeth, to the point of interacting with light in the same way. Thus, when placed, the veneers perfectly blend with other sets and form a mosaic of perfection.
Unlike other dental care services, the actual process of fitting the porcelain veneers isn’t at all complicated and generally doesn’t even necessitate the use of an anesthetic. Two appointments are usually needed; the first is to remove a thin layer of the enamel in preparation for the veneer and to take an impression of your teeth, and the second is to fit the veneer in. Since adding the dental veneers are a permanent change, not much is required of you after the process. However, it is helpful to use non-abrasive toothpaste and stop habits such as biting your nails or grinding your teeth, as this may cause the fixtures to be damaged.
How Do Porcelain Veneers Change Smiles?
Porcelain veneers are said to render a smile makeover when applied to the teeth. They quickly correct several dental impairments that you may have simultaneously and with little effort. These tiny flaws in the teeth, when fixed, alter several little things that subtly but powerfully change your smile to be the best that it can be.
Here are a couple of ways porcelain dental veneers completely transform your smile:
- Fill gaps within teeth: the veneers can easily be shaped to cover gaps between teeth or to mask crooked teeth.
- Discolored teeth: Where constantly whitening teeth might fail due to frequent use of strong coffee, tobacco, etc., dental veneers, which are naturally stain-resistant, serve as a form of protection against these things, to keep your teeth always looking healthy white, and fresh.
- Correct overcrowding: Porcelain veneers can prevent teeth from appearing overcrowded if spaced out properly during attachment.
- Misshapen or misaligned teeth: the customizable form of dental veneers allows them to fix quickly disparages in sizes or the misalignment of teeth in the mouth, evening them out to more appealing shapes and lengths.
- Restoration: Quality veneers can easily last up to a decade if properly maintained and provide a long-lasting solution to your problems at a low cost.
Benefits of Porcelain Dental Veneers
There are many reasons why porcelain veneers are so popular in recent times. The smile makeover that it provides can be argued to be the least of its perks, significantly when because veneers add a level of durability to the teeth they’re applied to.
Here are a couple of other pros of dental veneers:
- Individually customized veneers help maintain teeth structures while blending in perfectly with other teeth to showcase a natural appearance.
- Help fix or mask imperfections in your smile and enhance it.
- Easily affordable with a relatively quick procedure.
- Veneers add protection to the teeth attached, protecting them from further damage and harm.
- Porcelain veneers are highly stained resistant, so they stay whiter than regular teeth for a more extended period.
Porcelain dental veneers truly provide a myriad of benefits and hold endless potential in how they can transform your smile in so little time and with such little effort. After application, being more durable than natural teeth, they require just the same care as their counterparts and little else.
That being said, the choice of porcelain veneers is often a personal one and, if chosen, requires a doctor experienced in cosmetic dentistry. Are you looking for an Orem dentist who specializes in cosmetic dentistry? Contact us at Gentle Dental Arts in Orem, Utah. Our dentists are experienced and live up to our name (gentle)! If you have any questions or want to learn more about the intricacies of porcelain veneers, don’t hesitate to reach out to us or schedule an appointment here.
Please login to publish a comment.