Have you received any cancer screenings lately? In the United States, roughly 40,000 people will be diagnosed with oral cancer every year. If you begin to notice any indiscretions in your oral health, get a checkup or cancer screening immediately, as the sooner cancer is detected the more likely you are to recover.
Listed below are some standard signs and symptoms of oral cancer:
– A feeling that something is caught in the back of your gullet could be a sign of oral cancer.
– Irregular ear pain is common, or there is numbness and loss of feeling in the mouth and areas around the face and neck.
– Fluctuations with your teeth’s rotations, including how well they align and how well you can open and close your mouth.
– Various degrees of trouble chewing, speaking, eating, or swallowing.
– Visible signs of lumps, rough spots, bumps, crusts, swelling, or eroded areas in your mouth.
– Irregular bleeding often occurs from the mouth.
– Sores in your mouth, neck, or face that do not settle after 2 weeks that continue to bleed easily.
– There are white, red, or speckled markings in the mouth.
– Dramatic weight loss could be a sign of cancer.
– A persistent sore throat or change in your voice that lingers.
If you would like to schedule your oral cancer screening at Gentle Dental Arts or would like a comprehensive oral exam from Dr. Alexander Larsen and our team at our dentist office in Orem, Utah, please give us a call at 801-224-1117. Come in and become a success story with a healthier smile today!