Although oral emergencies cannot be predicted or in many cases prevented, there are steps and planning techniques you can implement in the event an oral emergency should ever occur. Keep your smile safe from the risk of an oral emergency. For more information about oral emergencies, consider the following:
– If you have lost a dental filling, cover the exposed area with a piece of chewing gum, cotton swab, or dental cement until treatment from your dentist is likely.
– Use interdental cleaners including water flossers or dental floss on objects stuck in your mouth. Never use sharp or blunt objects to try and rip the object out.
– If you have lost a dental crown, cover the exposed area with a cotton swab coated in clove oil until treatment from your dentist is likely.
– If a tooth is knocked out, it may be saved if you keep it in a tooth-saving liquid such as milk. Visit your dentist as soon as you can to see if it may be possible to connect it back into your mouth.
– If you bite your tongue, lip, or cheek, try using gauze pads until the bleeding halts. For deep wounds, it is advisable that you visit your doctor for stitches.
– If a tooth is bumped loose or cracked, clear away any debris and wash the wound out. Cover the area with a gauze pad until the bleeding halts.
No matter the oral health care treatment you desire, Dr. Alexander Larsen and our team at Gentle Dental Arts is here to give you the smile you want. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Orem, Utah, please contact us at 801-788-4922 to speak with a member of our team. Don’t let an oral emergency ruin your life. It’s time to fight back and get the smile you deserve!